I want to start my pantry update with a fun project I have finished this week. My baskets. These are dollar store baskets that happened to come in this bright pink color and I happened to want them to be blue. So, I spray painted them. Like this:
Then I found some little brown paper hanging tags at Michaels (the white labels were also painted for a different part of the pantry - see, now you have to come back to find out more):
and spray painted those with chalkboard paint. I bought a pack of "chalkboard ink" markers to write on my new chalkboard tags. Hung them on my baskets and now I have this:
Now, for the rest of the pantry. Let's start with our before picture:
See my pink baskets before? Halfway falling off the shelf.
Here it is all emptied out:
Here is a close up of some nasty stain of some sort on the back wall. This is what it looks like after cleaning it. Ugh!
Notice the lovely contact paper. It is now a permanent part of the shelf seeing as it was so securely glued into place, I was completely unable to remove it. So, I painted over it. I'm sure this is a major painting no-no, but just wait to hear about all of my other painting faux pas, contact paper was the least of my worries.
And here is a picture of those ugly accordian doors I mentioned before:
The shelves have been painted (perhaps, not in the most ideal of ways, but they are done and look great and I can't wait to share them). Of course, my kitchen looks like this during the process:
I just keep telling myself (mostly my husband) this is progress, even if it looks like our kitchen exploded. :)
So glad to be working on this "Impossibilities" challenge! It has inspired me to aim higher and do more. I'm already thinking of my next projects!
Linking up with: