Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Food Tour U.S.A.


Happy 2013!

This year, I am taking a virtual tour around the U.S., preparing famous dishes from each state, every week. Our family is starting our tour in the Northeast. Since we live in the Southwest, we thought it would be fun to start somewhere far from home. Each week, I'll be posting the recipes we tried from each state.


First up is Maine, where we will of course, be having Lobster!

Here's the food tour schedule, so far:

Maine - Lobster linguine, blueberry muffins
New Hampshire - Corn Chowder, Bread and Butter Pudding
Vermont
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York
Pennsylvania









Linking up here:



I Heart Nap Time
Tuesday To Do Party
Lil\'Luna

All Things Homie
Somewhat Simple
Liz Marie Blog
One Artsy Mama
KitchenFun

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

3 comments:

  1. i am curious to see what sort of food you eat in Pa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll just have to keep checking back to see what we do for PA :) Actually, when I decided to do this, I was worried people from various states would comment that the food we were eating was really not a food from their state. When I looked up AZ, I found something (I dont remember now what it was) that I had never heard of. My husband and I are both AZ natives and had never heard of this dish. So, I am sure there will be states where we are preparing something that we think is representative of the state, but natives to the area would disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Just saw your link at lizmarie. I am putting you on my feed so I can see what you come up with for each state. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete