Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Hampshire Bread and Butter Pudding



This was our dessert in New Hampshire on our Food Tour. This recipe comes from Candlelite Inn Bed and Breakfast in Bradford, NH.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup raisins
5 smalll rolls, cubed, toasted
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon, divided

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease a 1 quart casserole dish (I used butter), line with raisins. Dip bread cubes into melted butter and arrange on top of raisins.

The recipe called for 5 slices of stale bread, I used little rolls I found in the bakery instead. I cubed them up, then toasted them (since they were fresh, not stale).


The recipe calls for 1/4 cup melted butter, but that was not enough to dip each piece of bread, so I ended up using 1/2 cup butter instead (this may be because I used rolls instead of sliced bread and may have ended up with a lot more bread than I was supposed to).


Beat remaining ingredients (except 1/2 tsp. cinnamon)


I used 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup half and half (I had a 1/2 cup left over from the Corn Chowder and wanted to use it up).

Pour mixture over bread and press down a little to make sure all of the bread soaks up the liquid. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon over top.


Place casserole dish inside a pan of hot water and bake at 375 for about 45min.


It was delicious!

Check out our New Hampshire Corn Chowder recipe, before heading to Vermont!

Food Tour USA





Linking up here:

All Things Homie
Somewhat Simple




No comments:

Post a Comment