Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spinach and Artichoke Dip



My daughter orders this at every restaurant we go to. And she has a ranking order of who has the best since everyone makes it a little differently.

This is one of those recipes that I throw together and don't closely measure, so I'll give my best estimates. I make mine with a lot more spinach than many recipes call for because I like it that way. So, keep that in mind, reduce the amount when following this recipe if you don't like so much spinach.


1 lb frozen spinach
1 (14oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp mayo
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella chesse
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Boil 4 cups of water and cook frozen spinach 3-4min. Drain spinach and pat dry. Put cooked spinach back in pot and stir in softened cream cheese, mayo and artichoke hearts until well blended. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste (I like it pretty garlicky). Mix in 1/2 of parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese. Spread mixture into glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25min.

Serve with chips or crackers or bread or all 3!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how this got to be one of her favorites???

    This sounds like another really good recipe, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Looks so yummy, spinich and artichoke dip is one of my top 5 foods!!! I found you on the Social Parade and so glad I did! Can't wait to read through more of your blog! Please have a look at my blog, as I will be starting giveaways soon!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete