Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Apothecary Jar



I first saw this idea here, but have since seen multiple versions of this same project. So, here's my version:

I bought this silver candlestick and glass jar w/lid



I spray painted the candlestick in ivory silk. I was very happy with this color choice. I deliberated for way too long in the store over ivory silk or antique white, but I am happy with the results.



Then I attached the glass jar to the candlestick with gorilla glue, set a heavy book on top and let dry.


I added a little nest and bird eggs I bought at the craft store. Hung a little chalkboard message - I hated the gold thread that was attached to the chalkboard, so I just taped it to the back and used this blue ribbon instead.






There it is, my fun little Spring/Easter decor. I plan to make one for Mother's Day too. Not sure yet what I'll put in it, but I'll be sure to share when I figure it out :)


Linking this project up with these great parties:

The Girl Creative







Pink Hippo Party



5 comments:

  1. This is really adorable! I just might have to copy your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute following from the hop
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute....might have to try that one out

    Following you from the Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop and hoping you can return the love.
    Yankee Texan Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little chalkboard you added. Completed the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute! I think the color of paint was perfect! I have a hard time choosing which paint I want also!

    I am featuring this tomorrow on my blog! Feel free to stop by and grab a "featured" button if you like.

    I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete