Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken 3-Ways


This should really be called "crock pot chicken a million ways" because there are seriously endless uses for this chicken. But these are the 3 ways I used it.

I put about 3 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot, spinkled 1 packet taco seasoning mix, poured 1 jar of green tomatillo salsa, put the lid on, put it on low and walked away. It was super easy. After cooking for about 8hrs, the chicken just shredded apart with a fork. And it tasted amazing! With just 2 easy ingredients, fabulous chicken. Love it! Check out this post for pictures of the process.

I portioned it into 3 ziploc bags and stuck them in the freezer.


I defrosted the chicken in the bag in the fridge the night before I needed it, then warmed it in a bowl in the microwave:


Put the chicken on a tortilla, top with cheese:


Warm on the griddle:


Dinner #1 Done!

I also used the shredded chicken to make the Southwest Chicken and Potato Soup recipe posted earlier:


Dinner #2 Done! (and lunch the next day and the day after that)

Then I made chicken burritos with it. I made pinto beans in the crock pot (just like I did here with the black beans) and mexican rice:



This time, I forgot to thaw the chicken the night before, so I re-warmed it in a pan (more time-consuming, but still worked in a pinch):


Then, rolled it all up into this yummy-ness:



Dinner #3 Done! There were also lots of left-overs for lunch from this one too.

There you go. 3 1/2 lbs of chicken (cost me about $9), cooked once, made into 3 dinners and several lunches. This chicken would be great for tacos, enchiladas and even my bbq chicken salad sandwiches or Mexican Stuffed Shells.

You're Welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so on this program!! and we have a local butcher who has fabulous sales if you buy large quantities of chicken...which I buy...so I have learned the many many uses of chicken!

    ReplyDelete