Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Western Themed Wedding Cupcakes



The Bride's father made this awesome cupcake tower. It can be assembled and taken apart very quickly, stores easily, is very sturdy and holds about 100 cupcakes plus the 6" top cake. I think he should sell these things!


The Bride wanted a very simple design with a rope border. I opted for a simple monogram and some flowers.


It was very hot (Phoenix wedding outside in Sept. in the middle of the day = H**L!), but the cake held up fantastically. Several people asked why the cupcakes weren't "melting". And, here is why, great frosting recipe for heat :)

I used IndyDeby's buttercream for all 3 types of cupcakes with some additions.

Spice cupcakes: added cream cheese and some ground ginger
Chocolate cupcakes: added melted semi sweet chips and some almond extract
strawberry cupcakes: added strawberry extract (clear since we did not want pink frosting)

ENJOY!


Linking up here:

KitchenFun

One Artsy Mama

Tater Tots and Jello

Too Much Time On My Hands

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm following you! The cupcakes turned out beautifully. I can't believe they didn't melt! Thank you so much for sharing on TT&J:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete