Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Creamy Chicken Taquitos



This recipe comes from Six Sister's Stuff

This is one of many of their recipes I plan on stealing trying.

The main difference with the way I made my taquitos was I used my crock pot chicken which is already well seasoned, so I didn't add all of the seasonings from their recipe.

If you were going to use cooked, shredded chicken, you'd definitely want to add some salt, pepper, garlic powder, some onion powder, cumin etc. Whatever you choose, but definitely season it if you are not using this crock pot chicken.

Ingredients:

1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
3/4 - 1lb crock pot chicken
2 limes
1/2 cup cilantro
1 jalapeno, seeded, veins removed, chopped finely
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 can (15oz) whole black beans, rinsed
20 soft taco size flour tortillas
cooking spray
salt

So, my recipe incudes cilantro and jalapeno which are not in the original, and leaves out the pepper jack cheese from the original recipe. I also added black beans which were not in Six Sister's Stuff recipe, but they sounded good to me :)


You'll notice there are no green onions. That's because I forgot them. But I had every intention of putting them in and think it would have been a nice addition, so I'm leaving them in the ingredients list.

Mix the cream cheese, lime juice (I used 2 limes, they were kinda big and pretty juicy), cilantro, and green onions.


At this point, I split the mix into 3 bowls, to two bowls I added jalapenos (the one bowl without was the kids bowl), then added black beans to 2 of the bowls (the one without is for my husband who doesn't eat beans. Weird. I know.)


Obviously, this is an extra, unnecessary step, but if you have people that won't eat certain things, it is an option :)

Put a scoop of the mixture at the edge of the tortilla and roll it up (don't let the mix stick out of the ends of the tortilla).

Line a baking sheet with foil, spray the foil with cooking spray.

Place the taquitos rolled side down onto the foil. Spray the taquitos with cooking spray, sprinkle with a little salt, bake on 425 for 15-20 min. until the tortillas start to crisp up and the edges start to brown.


Place the taquitos with a small space between each one (not like I did in the picture above). The places where the taquitos are touching will not crisp up as well. They were still super tasty and plenty crispy, there were just small spots that were not totally crispy. So, next time, I'll spread them out some more.

And here they are all crispy and done:


I served these with creamy avocado and tomatillo dip, which is simply one avocado, mashed, mixed with 1 cup sour cream and about 3 Tbsp tomatillo salsa. The dip was really delicious. I'm thinking of all the other uses I can come up with for it :)


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment