Sunday, January 2, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwiches



3 cans (12.5oz) Chicken Breast, drained
2 celery stalks, peeled, sliced
2 green onion stems, sliced
1/3 cup nuts, finely chopped
Mayo
Lemon juice
salt, pepper, garlic powder
Croissants
Put drained chicken into large mixing bowl, add mayo and lemon juice. I don't measure this step. I squirt a couple times around the bowl with the lemon juice and mix in mayo until it is to the desired consistency. I prefer my chicken salad a little drier than most, so I use less mayo. Add celery, green onions and nuts. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, mix well. Be sure to taste it and mix in more seasonings as needed. Pile on to croissants. Yum!

This recipe is very simple with simple ingredients, but always gets eaten up quickly whenever I take these sandwiches anywhere. You could use any cooked chicken, shredded or chopped. I prefer my chicken to mix up the way tuna does, so I prefer the can.

No comments:

Post a Comment