Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day one

For our first dinner of no eating out, I decided to revive an old recipe from childhood. I actually grew to hate these things as a kid. It was something that was easy to make, so often became my job to prepare, and was something we ate a lot. Too much. I got sick of them. But, it has been about 20 yrs since I made them or ate them, so I thought I'd give them another try.

In the original recipe, we used canned chicken and cheese. I decided to grill my own marinated chicken breasts and add some broccoli as well as salt and pepper. I find a lot of the homecooked food I ate as a child lacked simple seasoning, and this was one of those. I think my updated version is much better. I call them chicken broccoli rolls. The family enjoyed helping make them and everyone said they would eat them again. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment