Brown Eyed Baker and was excited to make them with my kids.
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Inactive Time: 45 minutes | Bake Time: 15 to 20 minutes
1½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
2½ cups Raisin Bran cereal
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1¼ cups buttermilk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugars. Stir in the cereal; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir until completely combined. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least 45 minutes (this allows the cereal to soften in the batter). If you don’t want to use immediately, you can refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
5. When ready to bake, divide the batter between the 12 muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days, and then in refrigerator for up to another week.