Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teriyaki Pork Loin Chops

This is not a recipe so much as an advertisement for my favorite teriyaki sauce:
It used to be this sauce was a little hard to find (only at Trader Joe's or stores like that), but now I see it everywhere. I like it so much better than other bottled teriyaki sauce. This is not thick like a glaze and has a very different flavor to your stereotypical teriyaki sauces. And it's GOOD!

So, I just marinated some pork tenderloin chops in the sauce in the refrigerator for about 4-5hrs (but you could do overnight as well), then grilled them up for just a few minutes (these were very thin cut, boneless chops), then placed them on top of white rice with asparagus (that I also sauteed in the teriyaki sauce). Very easy. Very tasty. If it was not a PTA night and I had just a few more minutes, I would have made a thicker sauce by adding a cornstarch slurry to some extra sauce in the pan, so we would could pour it over the rice. But it was still good without it.

My parents make a baked salmon with this teriyaki sauce and it is seriously the best salmon ever (really the only salmon I eat).

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this at Walmart - I'm going to try it now that you recommended it.

    ReplyDelete